Monday, December 14, 2009

Ending Well

Today was my 13th wedding anniversary. As I am sitting here savouring the sweet smell of the bouquet of flowers he sent me today, he is putting away the last of the laundry! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband!

Today held preparations for our evening Bible study. Not too much to do, the house was in order, just the bathrooms and floors needed to be gone over after a busy 4 days of entertaining. Nothing too time consuming or difficult to accomplish.

We have only been in our home about 3 months, and there is still organizing to do. Today, I cleaned out a closet, the refrigerator (that smelled really bad!!! Still don't quite know what it was!), cleaned the utility/mud room, cleaned the car, and did ALL the laundry! Whew! I was just going to sweep and go over the bathrooms!

The great thing about getting everything put in place wasn't the finding a place, it was the peace I had while I was doing it! You know "whistle while you work"? Well, praying is SO much better! As I was going about daily life, I wasn't short with the kids because I was busy. I wasn't exhausted, granted my feet did hurt from standing on the tile all day, but I still had plenty of energy to delight in our friends as they came for Bible study. It was my attitude that made the difference. More than that, it was my perspective. God even cares and will help me get through the mundane tasks of LIFE:

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2
As time for Bible study drew nigh, we began anticipating digging into the Word and fellowshipping with friends and family. What a great time we had! I love to be around people that love the Lord! It edifies the spirit within me and prods me on in my walk with God. Tonight we shared testimonies about when we had heard from God. What a great blessing it was to hear children and adults telling how they had heard from God and what their responses had been. What a great and loving God we serve!

Being able to open our home to friends and family these last few days has been the fruition of our hearts desire. What a great ending to a great day!

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all had a great day & Happy Anniversary!!! Has it been 13 years already?! Sheesh! Where has the time gone?! Love y'all! ~Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete