Sunday, December 19, 2010

Resolve

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."   Psalms 118:24
I love that the Word of God is alive and fresh!  I love that every time I read it, it speaks to me. This is the day the  Lord has made...I've always loved this verse.  I've often quoted this verse as a reminder that everyday is a gift from God and my thanks to Him should be on my lips from the moment I rise to the moment I sleep.

Today, as I was reading Psalms, I read the same words but saw the need to emphasize WILL...we WILL rejoice and be glad in it. The Lord is good ALL the time but I don't always rejoice in His handy work.  Not because I don't appreciated it, notice it, or love it...but because I don't intentionally resolve to voice my rejoicing!  It is a choice....as with all areas of our lives.  To say I WILL rejoice...I WILL honor Christ...I WILL look to the King of Kings for my needs, desires and daily food.

The living Word of God...speaking to me again, about intentionality, resolve, choices...How sweet it is to know the King Of Kings, Lord of Lords loves me enough to write His words in paper form to love on me, correct me and raise me up in His power and grace.

I pray that today I WILL rejoice and be glad...no matter what the day holds for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment