Sunday, December 12, 2010

There IS Hope...

I love the Biblical accounts of Mary as she was being filled with the Lord...her journey...her obedience...Josephs obedience!  What an awesome testimony and heritage she left for the world...being found righteous in the sight of the God Almighty. God had an Awesome plan laid for Mary and Joseph's life.  He has a plan for each of us as well...each one just as important as Mary and Joseph's, for it is the same.  The call to follow Him...to show His Love and Grace to those around us...to teach our Children about His great Love and Sacrifice...to be Obedient in walking after His ways, with His character and His heart of compassion.
 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."Jeremiah 29:11-13
I am not always obedient, not even in the little things sometimes, but I know that God is merciful, and if I am seeking Him, He will change this heart of mine into a willing and obedient heart, that He may find pleasure in my actions. Meanwhile, I thank the Lord for the 'hope and future' that He has orchestrated for me, and YOU, as followers of Christ. This year, I am being intentional to enjoy the Christmas Season.  I have a wonderful family around me, whether immediate, extended or my family of friends and I am rejoicing before the Lord for the Symphony of people he orchestrates in my life! 

Take time to thank the Lord for being Jesus (Saviour), Emmanuel (God With Us), today.  Even when Life is difficult and despairing, he IS with us. It's WHO and WHY He IS.

Merry Christmas to you all!

2 comments:

  1. not much feeling like showing love to those around me who talk the talk but don't walk the walk but....like Sally Clarkson says, "we must make a choice to extend grace and have joy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and through all circumstances we have the choice to be cheerful...Blessed are the poor in spirit for they will inherit the kingdom of God! What an inheritance and what a blessed promise! I'm excited to be able to call myself a child of God and to walk to road less traveled! Have a Blessed Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete