Monday, September 13, 2010

Every Perfect & Good Gift...

I have been trying for about a month or so to decide whether or not to stop writing. I have been attacked in this area since I sat down to open my heart for the first time.

You see, I love to write. I compose A LOT at nights as I am trying to quiet my mind. The problem is...I don't actually write it down. God has been diligently working on my heart in several areas and I want so badly to share them, but the busyness of the day has stolen my time. Well, I need to rephrase...I have allowed the busyness of the day to steal my time.

I have been caught in a web, sort of speak, of tending to what "needs" to be accomplished, but neglecting the ones that are more "important". The dishes, laundry, sewing, phone calls, reminders, etc...shouldn't be more important than walking out what God puts on my heart...but it is, after all, my first responsiblitities. The ones of family and various assundry of tasks that must be undertaken to keep the family moving along in clean clothes and full bellies. Don't missunderstand...I feel great honor in being able to care for the ones around me. It is my primary calling. Maybe the tasks at hand that feel like mundane "needs" are the important ones.

There must be a heart change...a mindset that needs to be corrected...and then, God will be able to fulfill the other areas in my life he has set forth.
This morning, as I was praying, God put James 1:16 & 17 on my heart again.
"Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
So, for the meantime I will be getting out of bed to put fingers to keyboard and record what is on my heart from the Lord, taking time to enjoy the mundane and praise the Lord that I am home and able to do laundry, cook, sew, teach...

2 comments:

  1. I love to read your thoughts...so refreshing for myself...so.....please get out of bed and put those fingers to the keyboard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all struggle with just these same things. It always seems there just isn't enough time to accomplish all that we need to AND ....
    I enjoy reading your thoughts, so if possible, keep it coming. :)

    ReplyDelete