Monday, September 27, 2010

Good Food...


 I love good food! By "good" I mean food made with quality ingredience; Food that someone has taken the time to prepare; Food that is as lovely to look at as it is to eat; Food that awakens all my senses. It can be simple, like fresh baked bread, or labor intensive like La Duni's Quatro Leche Cake.  A plate of delicious grapes, fresh mozorella and special crackers is a wonderful treat. Sounds picky doesn't it? The problem is...it takes time and effort to produce such a meal, or snack. Not only is the preparation a little more time consuming...the eating should be as well.  I love to enjoy what I'm eating.  First of all you taste all the flavors. Secondly, you actually stay satisfied longer.


The same applies to our relationship with the Lord.  The Bible says:

 "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."; "I am the vine, ye are the branches:"; "O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." ( John 6:35, John 15:5a & Psalms 34:8)

It is not just a quick "Hey Lord, how's it going today? Guide me today and keep me safe." or "Father, you are Holy. Thank you for today...bless me and keep me from harm.  Help me to do your will."  You see, even though those prayers are BOTH great, without a relationship with the Lord of Lords that you are praying to...do they reach much further than the ceiling?  Taste...that takes time.  Have you ever REALLY tasted.  When you do, you will hunger and thirst no more.  He is our portion and he is the "quality ingredience" we need to make life enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. sweet sweet words.....I pray He will always see me as blessed because I trust in Him.

    ReplyDelete