Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Faithful God

I am so thankful that God is faithful!

Scripture says, "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you." (James 4:8) All I have to do is make effort and God meets me. It's the exact opposite of what we do as humans when our little ones are learning how to crawl, walk or even swim. The more steps they take, the further away we move. Of course this is to encourage them to continue on...but maybe that is why it is foreign to us that God actually draws near to us when we seek Him. Instead of the aloof carrot dangling in front of us, He actually comes closer and holds out His hand to us.

I am thankful that when I step into His will He is quick to move me forward.

Thank you to those of you who have sent many thoughtful prayers to the Father for me. I know without loving, diligent prayers...I may still have my heals dug far into the ground!

1 comment: