Monday, September 13, 2010

That was FAST!

So...today, late morning, I had a crisis of belief! There are several things tugging at my heart strings and yet I have been struggling to find the joy in moving forward in these area in which God has called me. So, I cried to my Hubby and told him all my sorrows and regrets and thoughts and feelings of failure and inadequacies...then, I got over it. Well, I let go of the emotions of it.

The facts are...I do fail, in many areas. I don't home school as well as I would like, although I do a good job. My laundry falls behind, my closets are not organized, I need to iron, play dolls, build Legos and snuggle with Hubby more. I really need to encourage the wonderful women in my life on a more regular basis. As you can see...I can conjure up quite a list!

After overcoming my feelings, I am still left to ponder this question: "The Bible says in Matthew 11:29-30, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." If I believe that the Word of God is True and I also believe that I am walking out God's calling on my life, then why am I crying and tired and ready to throw in the towel???"

The answer came as my dear, sweet husband began to preach tonight at church. He has been talking about 3 different times Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy what the Word from God is for us. First he comes before we get the word; which leaves us searching for God's will in our lives. Second, he comes after we receive the word, but before we have accepted the call. Like Moses in the wilderness...we say, "are you sure you mean ME God?" Satan tries to steal the Word by planting doubt and reading off all the reasons we know we aren't the right ones for the job! Last, but not least, after we receive the call, affirm the call...Satan tries to stop us before we reach the finish line.

Satan is "... as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" (1 Peter 5:8) He wants us to FAIL!

I want to be a finisher. I am not, however alone in my race. Hebrews 12:1-2 says "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

We have the Champion race runner on our side! Christ finished the task set before him by God. It was exponentially more difficult than the race God has asked me to run for Him at this point in my life.

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14). As a youth, this verse was the cry of my heart and the banner which I waved as I advanced toward being all God had called me to be. Tonight, I herald this verse again...a cry of an adult heart longing to finish STRONG!

I press on...


1 comment: