Monday, November 15, 2010

Standing Together

Today I woke praying for a few women God had placed on my heart, thanked Him for the beautiful trees I see out my bedroom door and asked him to please guide me as I accomplished the mounding list. I got out of bed...and got to it.

I made good time with the tasks at hand. I even enjoyed my kiddos while working. (When I am concentrating that is not always the case;)) I had pressing things to take care of, not important in the grand scheme of things, but pressing and fun. I also had some things to take care of for church. This, I was already praying about and trying to assimilate as I was going about my other business.

So about 1:00 I sat down to work on church business. I was still sitting there at 5:30, with NOTHING accomplished, crying out to God in desperation and crying out to my hubby for help.  Church started in 1 1/2 hours and I wasn't finished...really, I wasn't even started, nor was I dress and hadn't fed my kiddos either!  After we all prayed together, everything just came together. In 30 minutes I had accomplished what usually takes me about 1-2 hours!

I say all this to say that sometimes we need people around us, standing with us in prayer.  It's not always enough to "go it alone".  I had been earnestly seeking the Lord from the time I woke, but still hit a wall and was unable to move forward until I asked Jason to help.  Thank goodness he had the wisdom to pray with me, which also led to my children praying as well.  When we stood together,as a family, and God moved. 


"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

I am thankful for family and friend who will join in prayer and service, in HIS name!  I am thankful that He is faithful to His word and meets us everytime! What an AWESOME God we serve. 

1 comment: