Thursday, November 11, 2010

Stand Strong

On Monday, I had to take a trip to the hospital due to cutting my knuckle open working on a clock.  I am no stranger to the hospital!  I've accompanied my hubby, son and by the time my daughter was 4 she had visited our local hospital 6 times! I too have had an occasional visit.  This was not a huge catastrophe. I thought I'd get a couple stitches and we'd go home.  Well, no stiches, just glue and a tetanus booster.  This is where the problem began.  You see, I DID NOT want to be administered a tetanus shot (and NO, I'm not afraid of shots).  I said no...several times, and of course I was countered by the people in the room.  After several minutes of arguing and protesting...I gave in, against my will, totally upset and angered...I gave in!

For the last couple of days the words Stand Strong have been resounding in my spirit.  I know the booster shot was not of eternal significance in the grand scheme of things, but it has given me pause to think.  I believe PASSIONATELY that I did not need, nor want the shot, yet I was unable to stand up and refuse, despite signing papers during my admission process that I could refuse services. 

So...what happens when I faced with eternal choices in my physical life?  What happens if some one asked me to choose...will I Stand? Is my Faith strong enough to Stand and not succumb to the pressures of others? I am asking myself these questions...

The Word of God has much to say about standing. It tells us to Stand Fast...Stand Firm...Stand over and over. 
Romans 5:1-2 “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we Stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”  
1Corinthians 16:13 “Watch ye, Stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.” 
2 Corinthians 1:24 “…for by faith ye Stand.”
Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to Standagainst the wiles of the devil.”
1 Thess 3:8 8 “For now we live, if ye Stand fast in the Lord.”
2 Thess 2:15 “Therefore, brethren, Stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.”
It also says to Stand together, united as one voice.
Isaiah 48:15 “Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they Stand up together.”
Mark 3:24-26 tells us that house divided will not Stand.
Philippians 1:27 “that ye Stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;”
I am praying for increased faith that will Stand. One that will not back down. One that Honors my Savior, God, Friend and Lord.  I do not want to fall short.

No comments:

Post a Comment