Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Longing for LIFE

I am longing in my Spirit for MORE.  I am longing to live everyday to the Fullest.  What does that look like?  I don't fully know but I have a picture in my mind's eye.

I know that I long to spend more time in the Word and Prayer...just getting to know my Savior better.  I long to radiate like Moses did when he came down from the mountain after spending time with the Lord.  I want to be moved with the same compassion as the Samaritain.  I long to spend time with my children laughing and crying...LIVING.  I long to be a wife that brings honor to her husband.  Who lift him up and doesn't tear down with words.

I am longing for LIFE.

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" John 10:10

"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:35-36

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men." John1:4

" I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."Galations 2:20

"Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it."
1Peter3:8-11

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life." (John 14:6) That is the LIFE I am longing after!  The living Savior who directs my paths...who pours out his compassion on me, so that I may have compassion on others.  The one who beckoned the Little children so that my heart, too, will be soft toward my own.  What layed his life down...not only to save mine, but to be the example of true love, friendship...and LIFE.

I am not ALL I long to be...I have days that it's two steps forward one step back...but I am Longing for Life. 

What do you LONG for?



1 comment:

  1. I too long for these same things and I long to walk so close with Jesus that His very nature is a reflection in me. I long to be in His good, pleasing and perfect will each and every moment. I long to be convicted so quickly that the confession and restoration come as quickly....

    ReplyDelete