Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Adventures Await

Do you ever wonder, "how am I going to walk this out?"  I do.  I feel a call on my life, a tug at my heart, a simple request to move and I sometimes respond as Moses did..."but God...surely you don't mean me! I ...." filling in the blanks with all my excuses.  But then I draw strength from the Word of God.  

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."2 Peter 1:3-4


"I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, entreat you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:1-6
The Lord never expects us to "go it alone" or without a road map.  This isn't a guessing game. We are not unprepared for the journey in which he has called us, nor are we left without resources to get the job done. 

There are exciting adventures waiting and God is waiting on you, and me to get movin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment