Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fingerprints

Often I forget what a great impact I have on my children!  I know...sounds crazy doesn't it? But really, there are moments that we stop and stand back and can see the direct fingerprint we have had on our children. The way they stand when they are talking or pace while on the phone.  The way they clean up a room and order their day.  Just this morning, as I got up to read I spotted a checklist my daughter made for herself to reminder her of the important things she needed to accomplish...her mother dead out!! Heehee.


I am pausing to consider God's fingerprint on their lives...

More important than how to make a checklist and follow it out...is having a heart for Christ.  Have I influenced my children to live for Christ simply by my actions?  Do I speak about following Him and let my actions refute my words?  Am I leaving a fingerprint of hypocrisy?  I pray that I am not, but I know in some areas I am.

Actions DO speak louder than words.  I hope my children SEE me doing God's will, following after Him with reckless abandon and tasting that He IS good.  I want my children to have the fingerprint of a Godly mother...because they will, after all, have my fingerprint no matter what I chase after.

Actually, my fingerprint will continue on...
"For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation." Luke 1:49-50

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are making time for writing! I have enjoyed reading your posts.

    To God be the Glory :)

    ReplyDelete