Friday, October 15, 2010

Vigilance

I am often caught off guard when Satan attacks!  I shouldn't be...but I am.  I am right in the middle of a battle when I stop and realize that it is a battle!  Scripture says in  1 Peter 5:8-9, that we should be vigilant, or be on alert.  You see, when we are sleeping, spiritually, that is when Satan attacks.  We let him in by not keeping him out. This is an everyday...many times a day...renewing of our minds and focusing of Christ. 

Scriptures says that the devil is like a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour!  I don't want to be devoured!  I don't want my relationships and time to be devoured!  The Word also says that Satan comes to kill, steal and DESTROY!  He is out for your life!  "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10.

The Devourer
Jonathan Mayer, The Devour

Satan wants to steal ALL that God has promised you.  He wants you to be in the pits of despair so you can't, or won't, move forward with Christ.  You see, he change who you belong to, but he can change how you respond to who you belong to.

When I notice that I am in the midst of a battle...I have to take up my sword and fight...or be defeated.  It is a choice.  I want to live in the life that Christ paid for me to have!  I want to head off the attack...not struggle to defeat it.  Watch...Vigilantly..."Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." Ephesians 6:16


2 comments:

  1. Yes, hate that enemy. When I rebuke him, I want things to clear up right away. I rebuke him when I'm talking to Brent and that doesn't seem to help, HAHAHA. Well, it eventually does, but Brent doesn't appreciate it. HAAHAH! Anyway, Praise the King for VICTORY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy...needed this right this moment as well. It's easy to let ourselves get in the pit of despair and not move forward. Thanks, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete